Photography helps people to see.

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Day #340



Yeah, that's right, it's a box containing Laura's two Blue Peter badges...Two! I haven't even got one!

Today's post is brought to you by some classic songs, I Wanna Be Your Dog by The Stooges, The Passenger by Iggy Pop, and Boys Don't Cry by The cure. 

Boys don't cry by The Cure was actually the first thing that I learnt on guitar. The riff was taught to me by my brother. 

Today was chill day. I met up with Teddy and we walked to Laura's. I always tease Laura because she says she has a gold Blue Peter badge as well as a blue one. I say that I don't believe her because I hadn't seen them but when I turned up at her nan's today, she handed me a box in which the two sat. 

After picking up a pint of milk, Teddy and Laura headed to look at some ukuleles in Deal's music shop. I went to the library. I did my school's compulsory work experience in a library so have always had a soft spot for libraries. The fact that it was warm and every sofa just made me want to fall asleep was wonderful. Also the books. 

I needed a new library card. The only thing I did not anticipate was the Who Wants to be a Millionaire-style questions that the little old lady asked. "How old are you?", "are you still attending Dover Grammar?", "what's your address?" Even I was shocked when I managed to remember my postcode - having moved to Deal so recently.

After my ordeal I felt like I needed a sandwich. Not just any sandwich. One from Subway. 

Having eaten my huge sandwich and regrouped with my friends, Teddy drew a few more quotes on my guitar. I now feel like when I play that guitar, people are going to be focusing more on the quotes and than listening to me play 'Stairway to heaven' badly. Kudos to anyone who listens to 'Stairway to heaven' all the way through.

25 Days until it is all over

Until tomorrow

Will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment