Photography helps people to see.

Thursday 19 July 2012

Day #300



Today, history was made. It will be something that generations talk about for years to come...I have actually made it to 300 days without missing a single post. 

It has been 301 days since I said to my brother, "you know what? I want to do a project 365. I want Russians to laugh at my stupid humour and I want my nan to read it and raise something on the blog every time I see her." Yeah, or there's that Olympic torch which came through our town. Yeah I guess that was okay. 

Wow, longest introduction I have done since the very early days of my blog where I wrote as if I was talking with an ex girlfriend just after breaking up. 

Today I woke up at 07:00. Yeah, you read that correctly. That's 7:00 AM, before lunchtime and definitely before a teenager should be up. 

My dad and I walked along to Deal Castle where school kids, workmen, suiters, booters and the general British public came together. If there is something that us Brits do fantastically - other than queuing, complaining about the weather and being fundamentally anti-Australian - it's gathering on the street because we might get on the telly. 

After 10 minutes of waiting in the road, being told by a policeman to get onto the "sidewalk" then being let back onto the road, Katherine Batts came round the corner carrying the flame. 

It was over in a matter of seconds but I guess I can now say that I was there. 

I only have 65 more blog posts and days to do, so I will be trying very hard this summer to get out and about with my camera. With the Olympic spirit coursing through my veins, I feel like we can do this!

Maybe.

Until tomorrow

Will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment