Photography helps people to see.

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Day #277



If you think that the second picture looks abit awkward with 8 bunk beds to a room then you should have seen the room in Ponferrada with 50 bunk bed! It effectively becomes snore tennis, and at 45-0 my dad won. Today we set off from Ribadiso. With full water bottles and my pack of biscuits we headed for Santa Irene, not knowing what we would find. This day was the hottest it has been here which is lovely to sit in but unbearable to do any kind of walking in. The first picture is of a butterfly, sunning itself on a rock on the path. When we arrived at the hostel, I was a bit suspicious. There were towels and sheets on the beds! As well as these luxury items, there was an amazing shower. When I say amazing I mean amazing by a pilgrim's standards - hot AND cold water, and it stayed on for longer than 10 seconds! After getting settled, I got chatting to two girls, one from the USA and one from England. The girl from America was going home to give up all her possessions and become a nun. The girl from England and I bonded over what hurt the most, legs or shoulders. She won with shin splints. This amazingly high quality hostel was - in my opinion - the world's way of releasing pilgrims back into the real world slowly and with white towels.

Until tomorrow

Will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment