Photography helps people to see.

Monday 6 April 2020

Almost Eight Years Later

Recently, a friend told me over a couple of Saturday afternoon pints that he loved my blog. I was grateful to receive any form of feedback, however, as I gulped down a large sip of the local tipple and the surrounding din of voices rose and fell - as pub noise does - I realised with a sinking feeling that I wasn't currently keeping a personal blog. I'd written professionally for more than five years, but it was unlikely he was interested in the emergency lighting system of Wembley Stadium, or even the career path laid out in front of those wanting to become a project manager. Both of which were freelance commissions that I thoroughly enjoyed researching.

No, he spoke with amused interest about the demolition of Richborough Power Station and the running of the Olympic torch through the town of Deal. Both of which events occurred in 2012 and are documented on this blog - albeit explored through the eyes and bad grammar of 16-year-old me.

It occurred to me in that moment that this blog may be visited in the future by friends, family and potential employers; those who have this site bookmarked on their old computer, stumbled across it on Google or those directed here from my website.

Whoever you are, I say welcome. It is a window into my life between September 2011 and September 2012, and I hope that it offers you as much joy as it gave me writing each of the posts.

Until the next time,

William Inglis

No comments:

Post a Comment